Cybersecurity - Career Pathway Certificate of Completion (CPCC)
The Cybersecurity Career Pathway Certificate of Completion extends knowledge and skills beyond entry-level computer networking and administration. Students will learn concepts and techniques essential for securing data and networks in both a vendor-neutral and Cisco environment.
- Describe the function of the network layers as specified by the OSI and the TCP/IP network models.
- Describe the operation of network services such as ARP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Describe the basic operation of these network device types: Router, Switch, Hub, Bridge, WAP, WLC.
- Describe the functions of these network security systems as deployed on the host, network, or the cloud: Firewall, Intrustion Prevention System (IPS), Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), Web Security Appliance (WSA), Email Security Appliance (ESA).
- Describe IP subnets and communication within an IP subnet and between IP subnets.
- Describe the relationship between VLANs and data visibility.
- Describe the operation of ACLs applied as packet filters on the interfaces of network devices.
- Compare and contrast deep packet inspection with packet filtering and stateful firewall operation.
- Compare and contrast inline traffic interrogation and taps or traffic mirroring.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of data obtained from taps or traffic mirroring and NetFlow in the analysis of network traffic.
- Identify potential data loss from provided traffic profiles.
Academic Entrance Requirements
Additional Program Costs (beyond standard tuition/fees and textbooks)
- 16-64GB portable storage (USB drive or SSD drive), $20 - $100
- A home or laptop computer capable of running the latest version of the Windows operating system, virtual machines, and the latest version of Microsoft Office, $800
- Reliable high-speed internet access
- Industry certifications for each class range in price from $200 - $350
(Students may sit for certification testing at the conclusion of each course)
- CCNA Cyber Ops approximately $200 - $350
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) approximately $200 - $350
- CompTIA Linux+ approximately $150
- CompTIA Security+ approximately $200
|CIS 279OP||Cybersecurity Operations||4|
|CIS 284EH||Ethical Hacking||4|
- Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to earn a COCC certificate or degree.
- All courses in the program must be completed with a grade of C or higher.