Exterior/Interior Spec III
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Describes various types of gypsum drywall, their uses, fastening devices and methods used for installation. Covers fire- and sound-rated walls. Covers the materials, tools and methods used to finish and patch gypsum drywall.
Course learning outcomes
1. Install drywall.
2. Finish and patch gypsum drywall.
- Orientation to drywall materials and techniques
- Installation of various types of gypsum drywall, fasteners, walls, ceilings
- Drywall fire rated and sound rated specifications, materials, installation
- Drywall finishing and patching with manual and automatic tools
Textbook is required.