Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Builds on drawing fundamentals from ART 131. Introduces use of color in drawings. Create and analyze projects that demonstrate critical and creative thinking. Demonstrate individual exploration of process and content. May be repeated for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Use traditional and experimental mediums in gesture, contour, and tonal drawings.
2. Analyze drawn artworks in a variety of historical styles.
3. Contextualize self-created artwork within drawing's historical and cultural traditions.
4. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Advanced concepts and vocabulary of drawing
- Drawing materials: papers, pastels, colored pencils, charcoals and graphite
- Advanced drawing techniques: contour, tonal, and perspective
- Expressive and personal style
- Historical art styles
- Constructive critiques, receiving and giving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course, please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists