Sequential Art: Non-Digital
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
ART 115 or may be taken concurrently.
Covers the development and fundamentals of sequential storytelling using traditional media and techniques. Includes narrative structure, character and environment interaction, and working with color and composition. Complete work in style and genre preferred.
Course learning outcomes
1. Describe the structures of sequential visual narratives.
2. Use drawing from life as the basis of sequential art.
3. Analyze the story elements in sequential art.
4. Apply the principles of design for sequential art.
5. Create sequential art with various traditional art media.
6. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Flip Books
- Celluloids (Cels)
- Comic Strip
- Comic Book/Graphic Novel
- Stop Motion
- Constructive critique, giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates.
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.