Digital Painting: Basics
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
ART 115 or may be taken concurrently.
Translate traditional drawing and painting techniques using digital tools on the computer with pressure-sensitive electronic pen tablets, stylus, and industry standard software to create digital art that implements various traditional mediums. Emphasizes concept and personal style development. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Use industry standard software for digital drawing and painting.
2. Produce a series of raster drawings and paintings that reflect various artistic techniques.
3. Apply best practice of digital files for organization and collaboration.
4. Prepare work for print and various forms of digital output.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Introduction to the pen tablet
- Introduction to industry standard software for digital drawing and painting
- Digital brushes: ink, graphite, painting, watercolor, and specialty
- Layers and effects
- Constructive critique, giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates.
Students will need to provide speciﬁc materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.