Photography: Darkroom Basics
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Introduces traditional black-and-white photography, including camera operation, composition, film processing, printing, presentation, and developing personal voice as an artist. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Determine manual camera settings for proper film exposure.
2. Create usable negatives when processing film.
3. Create prints from negatives with an enlarger.
4. Perform print mounting for professional presentation.
5. Analyze black-and-white darkroom photography to receive and provide feedback.
6. Summarize the history of photography.
- Techniques of black-and-white darkroom photography
- Reference highlights of the history of photography
- Execute film shooting, processing, printing, and presentation
- Constructive critiques, receiving and giving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.