Intro to Video Production
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Covers the basic aspects of video production, while emphasizing students’ personal and creative expression. Includes the theory and practice of visualization, the grammar of visual storytelling, the aesthetics of various video production styles, camera techniques, lighting, sound recording, video editing post-production, and other fundamentals related to learning the craft of video production.
Course learning outcomes
1. Engage in critical analysis of video production.
2. Create video compositions that follow the elements of storytelling.
3. Use industry-standard video editing software.
4. Apply best practices of organization and collaboration for digital files.
5. Use various lighting techniques to enhance visual storytelling.
6. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Industry-specific video production vocabulary
- Various video recording equipment
- Video recording techniques and camera settings
- Lighting techniques for specific video styles
- Industry-standard video production editing software
- The Short Film
- The Documentary
- The Music Video
- Constructive critique, giving, and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists