Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
ART 131 and ART 184.
Continues exploration watercolor's unique qualities as a painting medium. Emphasizes fundamental skills, color, and composition while painting from a variety of subjects. May be repeated for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Use materials unique to watercolor, such as brushes, paints, and paper.
2. Create original watercolor paintings that incorporate the elements of art, principles of design, and compositional strategies.
3. Apply basic and experimental techniques unique to watercolor medium.
4. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Concepts and vocabulary of watercolor
- Types of watercolor materials: palette, brushes, paints, paper
- Techniques unique to watercolor
- Use of color and creating compositions
- Cohesive body of work
- Studio time management
- Constructive critiques, receiving and giving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course, please see the syllabus for a detailed list.