Photography: Interm. Darkroom
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Builds on darkroom basics in traditional black-and-white photography, including camera operation, composition, film processing, printing, presentation, and developing personal voice as an artist. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Critique black-and-white darkroom photography.
2. Analyze the history of photography.
3. Create black-and-white darkroom photographs following all steps from shooting to presentation.
4. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Black-and-white darkroom photography
- Creative problem solving
- Shooting photos
- Film processing
- Darkroom printing
- Photo presentation
- Constructive critiques, receiving and giving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.