Photography: Interm. Digital
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
This course is an intermediate continuation of digital photography including: the zone system technique for image exposure, advanced photo-editing techniques, lighting concepts, and presentation. Emphasis is on creative problem solving and mastering the basic photographic concepts used to create good visual communication. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of art and principle of design using photography materials, technologies, and processes.
2. Analyze and interpret digital photography compositions created in class.
3. Use digital photography as a mode of visual communication.
4. Use digital camera and software to shoot and edit photographs at an intermediate level.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Intermediate exposures techniques
- Dodging and burning
- Intermediate filters and textures
- Intermediate software techniques
- Constructive critiques, receiving and giving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide their own digital camera; please see the syllabus for a detailed list of specific materials used in this course.