ART 270 : Printmaking
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Practice printmaking, including relief, intaglio process on an individual project basis. Processes and materials are presented for students to complete four to five hand-pulled prints. All projects serve as an introduction to various printmaking methods and reproduction printing techniques.
1. Students are expected to be self-directed on each project.
2. Students are expected to participate in all critiques to further
individual critical analysis of their work.
3. Students should develop a vocabulary formed around individual
awareness of various print techniques.
4. Students are expected to develop an active awareness in the printmaking process of differences as it pertains to their own imagery and style.
1. Self-directed projects
2. Critiques individual critical analysis of their work
3. Develop a vocabulary of various print techniques
4. Printmaking process
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course, please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
Grading is based on participation in labs, discussions and critiques of completed assignments and the development of critiques and ideas demonstrated in portfolio reviews.