Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
ART 131 and ART 270.
Builds on relief printing fundamentals from ART 270. Introduces color processes to relief printmaking. Addresses site-specificity in the context of the multiple. Includes working collaboratively, while promoting the exploration of individual ideas and concepts. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Create multi-colored, multi-layered, hand-pulled relief prints.
2. Apply design concepts and color theory to relief printmaking.
3. Address authorship while working collaboratively to realize finished print projects.
4. Use the restrictive qualities of printmaking to amplify individual voice.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Multi-layered relief printing
- Reduction printing
- Collaborative printing
- Constructive critique: giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.