AUT 256 : Automatic Transmissions II
Automatic Transmissions II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This is the second part of an automatic transmission sequence. This course will continue principles and theory of planetary gear sets, torque converters, and hydraulic controls as applied to automatic transmissions. Includes emphasis on diagnosis, service, and procedures to conform to current service manuals. The student will also be introduced to Constant Velocity Transmissions/Hybrid Electric Vehicles/Electric Vehicle type transmissions.
1. Describe the theory of planetary gear sets, torque converters, and hydraulic controls as applied to automatic transmissions.
2. Describe the operation of a constant velocity (CVT) type automatic transmission.
3. Perform automatic transmission hydraulic testing on live vehicles.
4. Perform diagnostic testing on computerized transmission controls.
5. Communicate technical information, verbally and in writing.
6. Describe and practice safety procedures while working in an automotive shop environment.