AV 112 : Technically Advanced Aircraft
Technically Advanced Aircraft
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers the differences in design, handling characteristics, capability and operation of complex avionics packages in today’s modern aircraft. Concentrates on the Garmin 430, Garmin 500, Garmin 750, and Garmin 1000 glass cockpit systems, providing hands-on training in the programming and utilization of advanced automated flight decks.
1. Interpret flight and navigation instrument information displayed on the PFD.
2. Select presentation modes, flight modes, communication and navigation modes, and methods of mode selection and cancellation.
3. Perform basic flight planning functions along with determining which sources drive which displays or instruments.
4. Perform en-route flight plan modifications related to visual and instrument flight.
5. Explain the integration and relationship between the advanced avionics and autopilot systems.
6. Identify basic display type malfunctions, identify the source, and take appropriate corrective action.
Garmin 430, 650, G1000
TAA Electronic Instruments
Automated Flight Control
Requires textbook and/or online learning materials.
This course is assessed through participation, homework, exams, and a final exam.