Inst Pilot II Airplane Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 110 (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 222A, AV 222B, AV 222C, and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Develops and assesses the fundamental skills of instrument flight, including basic attitude instrument flying, procedures, navigation systems, and instrument flight rules. Includes compliance with Federal Aviation Administration flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform basic instrument pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards to an instrument pilot standard.
2. Summarize Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards to an instrument pilot standards.
3. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Airplane Airman Certification Standards