CFI II Helicopter Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 115, AV 227A, AV 227B, AV 227C (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 215, AV 227D, AV 227E, AV 227N (or Instrument Pilot Certificate), AV 225, AV 227F, 227G, AV 227H (or Commercial Pilot Certificate), AV 255, AV 227I, and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Develops and assesses instructional techniques of instrument ground and flight training, analysis of maneuvers, aircraft performance, and federal aviation regulations applicable to instrument flight instructors. Includes compliance with Federal Aviation Administration flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform certified flight instructor Instrument flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Pilot Practical Test Standards to a certified instrument flight Instructor standard.
2. Summarize Federal Aviation Administration Certified Helicopter Flight Instructor Instrument Pilot Practical Test Standards to a certified instrument flight instructor standard.
3. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Helicopter Pilot Practical Test Standards