Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
CIS 120 or CIS 124.
Introduces Microsoft Visio, a vector-based illustration tool. Learn fundamental skills while creating several types of basic diagrams including workflows, flowcharts, organizational charts, directional maps, network and floor plans.
Course learning outcomes
1. Identify and define flowchart symbols.
2. Identify the different diagrams constructed using Visio.
3. Plan flowcharts and utilize master shapes.
4. Connect diagram shapes, use dynamic connectors and text features.
5. Create block diagrams, flowcharts, organization charts and project management diagrams.
6. Create inter- and intra- network diagrams.
7. Create office floor plan and work with layers.
8. Link Visio diagram to other software applications.
- flowchart symbols
- visio shapes
- dynamic connectors and text
- block diagrams and flowcharts
- network diagrams
- office floorplans with layers
- linking to other applications
Regular access to Microsoft Visio.