CS 161 : Computer Science I
Computer Science I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Examines the nature of computer programming; includes discussion of a computer model, methods of problem solving and programming structures; information representation; algorithm construction; object-oriented design using Java.
1. Translate a problem statement into an appropriate algorithm containing arithmetic, relational, and logical expressions.
2. Translate the semantics of an algorithm into the syntax of a computer programming language.
3. Develop an object-oriented solution to a problem using classes, methods, and objects.
4. Develop proper error handling for possible run-time errors.
5. Develop the debugging skills to help determine errors in a computer program.
6. Understand how to effectively test a solution for correctness.
7. Describe a program implementation in terms of a natural language.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Science No Lab