Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Held at local golf courses and is taught by local professional golf instructors. Instruction of basic golf skills to all levels of golf players. Golf clubs may be available for use in class (contact the department for more information).
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skill development, safety practices and fundamentals of golf to develop overall physical well-being and enhancement of personal lifestyle.
3. Demonstrate basic golf skills such as selecting the proper club, teeing off, basic golf swing, chipping, and putting.
4. Demonstrate proper form for various golf skills.
5. Explain the rules and etiquette of golf.
Putting Course Competition
Putting and Chipping Fundamentals
Pre-Swing Fundamentals and Full Swing Intro
Proper Club and Body Positioning in the Swing, Etiquette and Rules
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Students should bring their own golf clubs if they have them and if not, the golf course has a limited number of golf clubs that students may use during the class.
General education/Related instruction lists