Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Introduces water aerobics which improves cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and flexibility in a low-impact environment.
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between human behavior and health.
2. Engage regularly in skills development, safety practices, and fundamentals of swimming to develop overall physical fitness and enhance sport activities.
3. Identify the unique properties of water.
4. Improve cardiovascular fitness with minimal stress to the joints.
5. Demonstrate proper usage of various water resistive equipment through buoyancy.
Intro to Water Aerobics
Dry land orientation
Water Exercise drills
Heart rate worksheet
Water resistive equipment utilization
Appropriate equipment will be highlighted and discussed in the first class. Equipment must be provided by the student.
General education/Related instruction lists