HS 206 : Group Counseling Skills for Human Services
Group Counseling Skills
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides an introduction to social and interpersonal influences on behavior, group dynamics, developmental stages of a group, and an overview of theoretical approaches to group counseling. Emphasis is on developing group leadership skills.
1. Describe relevance, utility, and application of group work to the counseling profession.
2. Identify ethical guidelines and problems related to group work.
3. Analyze group stages, process, and dynamics.
4. Examine characteristics of group leaders that affect group process and demonstrate personal awareness of own strengths, weaknesses, values, prejudices, etc., and the effects on others.
The Counselor: Person and Professional
Theories and Techniques
Stages of Group Development
Grades may be determined by quizzes, facilitation reflection papers, interview and paper, exams, group project and presentation.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science