LMT 170 : Professional Ethics and Rules
Professional Ethics Rules
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
The professional and ethical boundaries that govern the practice of massage therapy will be explored. The Oregon Administrative Rules and Statutes that apply to licensed massage therapists will be examined and discussed.
1. Discuss the Oregon Board of Massage Therapist rules and statures that govern the practice of massage therapy
2. Assess personal needs, behaviors, beliefs, attitudes, and knowledge relevant to the practice of massage therapy and bodywork.
3. Identify how personal and cultural values, attitudes, and ethics influence professional values, attitudes and ethics.
4. Define and demonstrate active listening, rapport, empathy and feedback.
5. Identify strategies to effectively deal with emotional and behavioral client responses to massage therapy and bodywork treatment
6. Describe the principles of conflict resolution and apply conflict resolution skills effectively in the client-therapist relationship.
7. Discuss the importance and characteristics of professional boundaries including cultural differences as it relates to the practice of a massage therapy
8. Explain the boundaries of touch and intimacy as it applies to massage therapy and bodywork.
• Syllabus review
• OBMT rules and laws handout
• Selected chapters throughout the term and homework
• Final exam
Massage Therapy Program Certificate and Degree require courses to be completed with a grade of "C" (75%) or higher.