MFG 258 : Mastercam Mill
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces Mastercam Mill operational basics. Includes terminology relevant to PC-based CAD/CAM work. Covers the use of the Mastercam Mill menu structure and system management, 2 1/2 axis wireframe geometry creation, and toolpath creation for output of CNC "G" code for CNC milling.
1. Explain concepts and demonstrate techniques associated with Mastercam CAD/CAM software for CNC Mill.
2. Demonstrate fundamental machining operations performed on CNC Mill machining centers.
3. Demonstrate concepts of generating tool paths using the combined (existing geometry) and direct (new geometry) methods utilizing Mastercam computer assisted machining software for the CNC Mill.
• Graphics environment of Mastercam Computer Assisted Machining Software for CNC Mill
• CAD drawing import and printing procedures
• Establishment of CAM parameters
• Establishing tooling parameters for CNC Mill
• Concepts and techniques of modifying existing geometry using Mastercam computer assisted
• machining software for the CNC Mill
• Tool path generation for the CNC Mill
• Solid model part representations
• Post processing and reverse posting procedures for CNC Mill
• Exporting data to the CNC Mill
No materials required.
Grades based on: participation in lab activities, and a final in the form of a written exam and/or practical application.