MFG 259 : CNC Lathe Programming
CNC Lathe Programming
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces basic programming skills used on the CNC lathe.
1. Analyze and apply machine shop safety concepts and practices.
2. Interpret fundamental CNC Lathe concepts and formatting.
3. Create and demonstrate the use of programs for CNC Lathe machining centers.
4. Demonstrate the basic machining practices and tooling as it applies to CNC Lathe.
• Machine and shop safety
• CNC Lathe – set up, order of operations, and coordinate systems to program CNC Lathe machines.
• Lathe machining/turning centers including machine configurations, general flow of the programming process, determining program zero assignment values and three ways to assign program zero and programming words used in machining
• Types of formatting
• Lathe language/operations
• Programming CNC Lathe including programming computer numerical control turning center identifying G M codes, manual programming and programming canned cycles
Text book and tools (as required for second term students).
Grades will be based on a combination of homework, tests, and final.