Production CNC Operations Mill
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
MFG 256 and MFG 257.
Prerequisites with concurrency
MFG 258 and MFG 270.
Provides opportunity to evaluate efficiency of a parts manufacturing process using a mill. Covers methods to improve efficiency.
Course learning outcomes
1. Analyze run time of computer numerical control milling machines to improve efficiency.
2. Improve efficiency of computer numerical control milling machine.
3. Communicate how efficiency improvements were made.
1. Efficiency of CNC machines.
2. How cutter technology can improve efficiency.
3. Affects of coolant and speeds and feeds.
4. How part material and chip removal effect efficiency.