CNC Fixture Design Lathe
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
MFG 119, MFG 250, MFG 257.
Covers methods beyond the basic use of a chuck in order to hold and machine irregularly shaped parts using a lathe.
Course learning outcomes
1. Create fixtures to hold irregularly shaped parts using a lathe.
2. Evaluate best way to position parts on computer numerical control lathe machine.
3. Use computer aided drafting system to generate models of fixtures.
1. Different options for holding parts on computer numerical control machines
2. Lathe vs mill/turn machines
3. Automated fixture options
4. Fixturing different types of material