MUS 132 : Piano Class II
Piano Class II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Teaches fundamental piano skills in a class format.
1. Students will be able to read standard keyboard notation.
2. Students will be able to accurately perform major and minor scales (one octave, separate hands).
3. Students will be able to accurately construct and perform basic triad arpeggios.
4. Students will be able to construct and accurately perform pentascales built on each scale degree of the major and minor scales.
5. Students will be able to read and perform basic (beginning level) piano compositions at sight.
6. Students will be able to play keyboard in an ensemble environment.