MUS 196 : Symphony
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
The study and performance of music for symphony orchestra. One major concert is presented each term. May be repeated, no limit. Contact ensemble conductor for information about required audition.
1. Students will perform at least three concerts per term for the Central Oregon community.
2. Students will rehearse and perform a wide variety of musical styles in the orchestral tradition to the best of their individual capabilities.
3. Students will regularly attend rehearsals and be responsible for learning their own part for each concert.
4. Students will have the opportunity to work with accomplished professional guest soloists who are engaged to perform with the Central Oregon Symphony.
5. Students will develop and or continue their life-long passion for rehearsing and performing symphonic music in a socially enriching and enabling setting.