SPAN 211 : Spanish Conversation and Culture I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
or to be taken with SPAN 203.
Designed for students who wish to continue mastering fluency in the speaking of Spanish. Objective is to study various Spanish-speaking cultures. Taught exclusively in Spanish and some student participation is required. Does not meet baccalaureate degree language requirements.
1. Develop linguistic skills in oral expression as well as develop a sense of the cultural aspects of those.
2. Demonstrate the ability to understand speech in Spanish in common social and professional
3. Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally in Spanish in most social and professional situations.
4. Demonstrate the ability to understand written texts (journalism, non-fiction, literature…).
5. Demonstrate adequate mastery of Spanish grammar, commonly used idiomatic expressions and
nonverbal communication in various Spanish-speaking populations.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Arts and Letters
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy