Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Acquaints students with fundamental principles of acting. In-class performance of memorized material required. Grading based primarily on in-class participation. Attendance is mandatory.
1. Analyze a scripted scene using Stanislavsky’s system steps, specifically identifying beats, character objectives, obstacles and tactics.
2. Effectively apply that analysis to the performance (enactment) of the scene.
3. Memorize at least one scene, including both words and actions, and successfully perform it with zero, or very limited, prompting.
4. Convincingly portray a character other than him/herself onstage.
5. Speak loudly and clearly enough to be heard and understood by the audience.
General education/Related instruction lists