VT 116 : Pharmacology
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores pharmacological principles, including classes, mechanisms, and side effects of drugs used in veterinary medicine.
1. Explain regulations governing pharmaceuticals.
2. Describe pathways of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs.
3. Describe drug classes and identify drugs within those classes.
4. Explain handling, storage, side effects, drug interactions, safety, and reasons for use of various drugs.
5. Describe mechanisms of action of the drug classes.