The Automotive Controller Systems Technician Level 2 Career Pathway Certificate of Completion trains students to be the key troubleshooter of a vehicle’s drivability problems. Students learn to identify everything from power train malfunctions to ignition failures using state-of-the-art computer diagnostic equipment. The certificate also trains students in testing volumetric efficiency performance as it relates to program modification, dynamo meter operation and safety, and reprogramming for performance.
The certificate prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A6) Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems, (A8) Automotive Engine Performance, and the (L1) Advanced Engine Performance Specialist.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in Automotive Technology from previous basic skills courses, plus second level electrical / electronic courses.
- Calculate volumetric efficiency of operational vehicles.
- Describe vehicle performance before and after vehicle modification.
- Perform OBD diagnostics, analyze and report findings.
- Perform Vehicle Dynamometer Operation.
- Describe vehicle reprogramming for performance and emissions.
- Perform vehicle reprogramming for performance and emissions.