The Automotive Drivetrain Technician Career Pathway Certificate of Completion prepares students on all elements of manual and automatic transmissions as well as basic hydraulic and electrical principles. This certificate also prepares students to work with vehicle drivelines, transaxles, clutches, differentials, and transmissions.
The certificate prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A2) Automotive Automatic Transmission, (A3) Automotive Manual Drive Trains and Axles, and (G1) Maintenance and Light Repair.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in Automotive Technology from previous basic skills courses.
- Apply Pascal’s Law on the study of force and fluid dynamics.
- Diagnose and repair automatic transmission systems.
- Diagnose and repair manual transmission systems.
- Perform analysis techniques working with computer controls that apply to transmission systems.