The Automotive Electrical Technician (Advanced) Career Pathway Certificate of Completion prepares students in the electrical technician coursework and establishing skills in voltage drops, electrical troubleshooting, vehicle ignition systems, logic controls, air bag systems, controller area network, and cruise control.
The certificate prepares students for Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A6) Electrical/Electronic Systems, (A8) Engine Performance, and (G1) Maintenance and Light Repair.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in Automotive Technology from previous basic skills courses, plus first level electrical / electronic courses.
- Apply the 3rd Maxwell's Equation and Faraday’s Law of Induction on the study of ignition systems.
- Diagnose and repair ignition systems.
- Study logic controls and Controller Area Network.
- Diagnose and repair air bag / safety systems and cruise control.