The Automotive Engine Technician Career Pathway Certificate Of Completion Preparation covers the automotive engine rebuilding process. Students all study diesel engine systems.
The certificate prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A1) Automotive Engine Repair, (A9) Light Vehicle Diesel Engines, and (G1) Maintenance and Light Repair.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in Automotive Technology from previous basic skills courses.
- Apply the Otto Cycle and Diesel principles on internal combustion engines.
- Perform a complete engine disassembly, measurements, and reassembly.
- Perform various levels of machining and develop precision measurement techniques.
- Diagnose diesel systems on assigned vehicles.