The Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning Career Pathway Certificate of Completion gives students a hands-on opportunity to learn about automotive air conditioning and heating systems, the Environmental Protection Agency's recovery requirements for refrigerant systems, and general diagnosis and service.
The certificate prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A7) Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning, (A6) Electrical/Electronic Systems, and (G1) Maintenance and Light Repair.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in Automotive Technology from previous basic skills courses, plus first level electrical / electronic courses.
- Prepare for the national Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Program.
- Study pressure / temperature relationships as applied to Freon used in automotive systems.
- Diagnose and repair air conditioning and heating controls.
- Demonstrate the safe handling of Freon while repairing multiple vehicles.