The Automotive Hybrid Electric Vehicles Technician Level 1 Career Pathway Certificate of Completion trains students to be the key troubleshooter of a vehicle’s drivability problems. Students learn to identify everything from power-train malfunctions to ignition failures using state-of-the-art computer diagnostic equipment. Students will also diagnose systems on vehicles with electric drive systems.
The certificate prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A6) Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems and (L3) Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in automotive technology from previous basic skills courses plus second-level electrical/electronic courses.
- Develop diagnosis and repair procedures for hybrid electric and electric vehicles.
- Describe hybrid safety and service procedures along with first responder safety and procedures.
- Describe hybrid batteries and service, hybrid electric motors, generators, and controls.
- Describe regenerative braking systems, hybrid vehicle transmissions, and transaxles.
- Perform vehicle diagnosis using manufacturer and generic scan tools.