The Accounting Clerk One-Year Certificate of Completion is designed to give students a foundation for careers in clerical accounting. All coursework may be applied to the Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply effective written and verbal communication skills individually and in groups.
- Apply analytical, technology, and reasoning skills relevant to the profession.
- Apply appropriate ethical choices on both a professional and personal level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounting terminology.
- Perform basic accounting functions, such as complete steps in the accounting cycle, prepare financial statements, and document transactions.
|Course ||Title ||Credits |
|BA 101||Introduction to Business||4|
|BA 104||Business Math||3|
|BA 111||Applied Accounting I||3|
|BA 112||Applied Accounting II||3|
|BA 113||Applied Accounting III||3|
|BA 177||Payroll Accounting||3|
|BA 178||Customer Service||3|
|or BA 285|| Business Human Relations|
|BA 214||Business Communications||3|
|CIS 120||Computer Concepts (or Computer Competency Test)||0-4|
|CIS 131||Software Applications||4|
Students should consult their advisor if they have transfer credits, are not able to attend full time, or are not at college level in reading, writing, and math. This certificate is designed for students planning to enter their chosen career upon graduation. Often only selected credits are considered transferable to public or private baccalaureate institutions.
- Academic Requirements:
- Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to earn a COCC certificate or degree.
- All courses in the program must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Additional Requirements:
- Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated and can result in the offending student being dropped from the program. Students wishing reinstatement must seek endorsement from the department chair after completing a progressive review.