The Entrepreneurship One-Year Certificate of Completion is designed to provide students a foundation for starting their own businesses or assisting business startup activities. All coursework may be applied to the Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply effective written and verbal communication skills individually and in groups.
- Apply analytical, technology, and reasoning skills relevant to the profession.
- Apply appropriate ethical choices on both a professional and personal level.
- Interpret financial data and use it to make informed decisions about the operating performance of a company.
- Describe the marketing plan and strategies behind product/service positioning, pricing, distribution (placement), and promotion.
|Course ||Title ||Credits |
|BA 101||Introduction to Business||4|
|BA 104||Business Math||3|
|BA 178||Customer Service||3|
|BA 206||Management Fundamentals I||4|
|BA 214||Business Communications||3|
|BA 217||Accounting Fundamentals||4|
|BA 223||Marketing Principles I||4|
|BA 237||Marketing Research||4|
|CIS 120||Computer Concepts (or Computer Competency Test)||0-4|
|CIS 131||Software Applications||4|
|LIB 100||Intro to Finding Information||1|
Students should consult their advisor if they have transfer credits, are not able to attend full time, or are not at college level in reading, writing and/or math.
The certificate is designed for students planning to enter their chosen career upon graduation. Often only selected credits are considered transferrable to public or private baccalaureate institutions.
- Academic Requirements:
- Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to earn a COCC certificate or degree.
- All courses in the program must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Additional Requirements:
- Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated and can result in the offending student being dropped from the program. Students wishing reinstatement must seek endorsement from the department chair after completing a progressive review.