The Hospitality Management Two-Year Certificate of Completion is designed to give students a foundation for careers in hospitality management.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply management, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Apply customer service skills.
- Demonstrate the use of hospitality industry-specific technologies.
- Identify and apply food safety and sanitation practices.
- Understand business and financial management.
- Demonstrate basic measuring, conversion, food costing, and yield management practices.
- Demonstrate the use of hospitality industry-specific communication.
|Course ||Title ||Credits |
|BA 217||Accounting Fundamentals||4|
|CIS 120||Computer Concepts (or Computer Competency Test)||0-4|
|CIS 131||Software Applications||4|
|CUL 101||Introduction to Culinary Arts 1||4|
|CUL 102||Food Safety and Sanitation||2|
|CUL 104||Applied Math for Culinary Arts||4|
|HM 101||Introduction to Hospitality||4|
|HM 130||Hospitality Industry Supervision and Principles of Leadership||4|
|LIB 100||Introduction to Finding Information||1|
|WR 121||Academic Composition||3-4|
|or BA 214|| Business Communications|
|HM 150||Procurement, Ingredient Identification and Food Cost Control||3|
|HM 160||Wine and Specialty Beverage Management and Service 1||4|
|HM 190||Dining Room Operations||5|
|HM 210||Menu Composition and Analysis||3|
|HM 230||Lodging Management||4|
Students should consult their advisor if they have transfer credits, are not able to attend full time, or are not at college level in reading, writing, and/or math.
This certificate is designed for students planning to enter their chosen career upon graduation. Often only selected credits are considered transferable to public or private baccalaureate institutions.
- Academic Requirements:
- Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to earn a COCC certificate or degree.
- All courses in the program must be completed with a grade of C or higher.