The Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer with a focus in world languages is for students seeking a bachelor’s degree in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, a related area, or a teaching endorsement featuring world language, literature, and culture studies.
Statewide General Education Student Learning Outcomes
While this program has no formal entrance requirements, individual courses may have prerequisites which must be met before enrollment. In addition, students should be aware that certain courses have recommended preparation.
|Course ||Title ||Credits |
|WR 121||Academic Composition||4|
|WR 122||Argument, Research, and Multimodal Composition||4|
|or WR 227|| Technical Writing|
The COCC faculty member specific to each language can provide guidance to students who have previous language background.
Oregon public universities that offer bachelor’s degrees, minors, certificates, or endorsements in world languages and related fields:
- Eastern Oregon University
- Oregon State University (Corvallis)
- Portland State University
- Southern Oregon University
- University of Oregon
- Western Oregon University
- Academic Requirements:
- Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to earn a COCC certificate or degree.
- Options for additional standards:
- All courses in the program must be completed with a grade of C or higher.