The Culinary Arts Two-Year Certificate of Completion is designed to expose students to the step-by-step process, from foundation to advanced skills, of classical and contemporary culinary techniques and to serve as a competency-based learning experience that prepares students for a successful career in the hospitality industry.
This program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate the process of classical and contemporary cooking techniques.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of flavor profiling, ingredient selection, nutrition, and presentation principles.
- Demonstrate the use of culinary industry-specific equipment.
- Apply food and beverage management, leadership, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Identify and apply food safety and sanitation practices.
- Demonstrate basic measuring, conversion, food costing, and yield management practices.
- Demonstrate the use of culinary industry-specific communication.